Jesus’ final words to His disciples, as recorded in Matthew, were, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” BBC takes this Great Commission seriously in a number of different ways.
Supporting Full-Time Missionaries
BBC allocates 10% of our yearly budget to support those in full-time missions. Missionaries we support:
- Doug & Lori Dawe, serving with Cru Global in Orlando, Florida
- Steve and Joan Guest, serving in the Philippines (email them)
- Robert & Joan Hamilton, semi-retired missionaries living in Scotland (email Robert)
- Geoff & Tammy Kooistra, Reach Beyond serving Ecuador from Michigan
- Jonathan & Priscilla Laase, serving in France
- Patrick McLean, serving with SEND North, in Hooper Bay, Alaska
- Jim & Paula Roberts, serving with Wycliffe in Texas
- Katie Mae Sawyer, serving with Ethnos360 in Paraguay.
- Tiura Family, self-supported missionaries sent by BBC; serving in Alaska.
Short-Term Mission Trips
The call to missions is not always to a select few who go full-time. We send teams to Alaska, Ethiopia and other parts of the world to support missionaries and to be the hands and feet of our Lord. The benefit is to all three parties. There are those we affect directly with our ministry. The full-time missionaries are supported and encouraged by our presence. And clearly, the members traveling are transformed by the experience.
Raising and Sending from Our Congregation
Our desire is to raise up and send missionaries from within our own congregation. While we have acted as the sending church for missionaries who attended BBC while students at nearby Michigan Tech, more members are seeking God’s will for their lives, attending Ethnos360 Bible Institute and stepping out in faith. The BBC Deacon Board and Missions Committee support these ambitions both financial and logistically.